TK70 sticky unload button?

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 16:36:47 CDT 2015

Has anyone else come across this? My TK70 wouldn't eject, and having not
had one before, I didn't know just how tactile the unload button should be.
After further examination and prodding, I determined that the button was
pretty much stuck and refused to come out.

Taking the front off and exposing the board indicated that the button seems
to originally have been rubber, which is now a nice black tarry goo. I
think I can replace the button with a standard tactile push button, this
time without any rubbery material.

Hopefully that's my only issue.

http://i.imgur.com/9Fqb0SB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AxstKpq.jpg