Somewhat OT: Freighting Items

Craig Solomonson craig at solomonson.net
Tue Sep 1 12:31:42 CDT 2015

My other hobby is antique "hit and miss gas engines." Most collectors in
this hobby use "Fastenal Third Party Logistics (3PL)". I recently had an
engine that fit on a 4' x 4' pallet and weighed 1200 pounds shipped from
Kentucky to Minnesota for $200. Fastenal has stores all over the U.S. and
daily freight deliveries. They take on other freight when room is
available. You are responsible for crating the item and placing on a
pallet. I think my last delivery took about a week to complete. Their
stores are equipped with loading docks and forklifts so it is rather
convenient. You can go their website and see if they have service for your
area and get a quote:
https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/third-party-logistics-(3pl)

Craig