"Demystification" is just as important as "Abstraction" in "Computer Science" (Was: Know any Fortran

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 06:00:37 CDT 2015

Possibly, but if it does I would expect Windows/7, 8  and 8.1 to also need
it.

On looking on YOUTUBE someone claims to have installed one of the Windows/10
beta's on a P3.
Wikipedia tells me the P4 was the first chip with SSE2 so perhaps Windows/10
will run without SSE2.
SSE2 isn't exactly "leading edge" technology. It dates back to P4 in 2001 so
is actually older than the XP.
Also whilst XP would run on a small machine it was dire.
I once was sent to look at a 256Mhz PII running XP to see if I could speed
it up. Must have have been 2008 or 9 I think.
Whilst fiddling I accidentally swapped the mouse and keyboard connections
only to find it wouldn't boot set up like that.
I left it that way and no one else figured out what was wrong so the user
got their PC upgraded...

> --Chuck

Dave