Front Panels - Update

rod rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 30 01:40:10 CDT 2015

Hi Guys
              As per previous update I'm off to my silk screen printers
today.
Thanks to lots of help from list members I have identified most of the
different
PDP8/e panel types that exist.

     1.  PDP-8/e Type A:
          Selector switch starts  from _vertical (12 o'clock)_ position
          There _is _a white line around the selector switch area.
          There are _no _vertical dividers between groups of three lamps

     2.   PDP-8/e Type B:
          Selector switch starts  from _-15deg  (11 o'clock)_ position
          There is _no_ white line around the selector switch area.
          There _are_ vertical dividing lines between groups of three lamps

     3.  PDP-8/f:
          White border and masthead  with DEC logo and address
          Layout differs from 8/e but lamps and switches retain their
positions
          Otherwise color scheme as per 8/e and address
          Corners on text and color area are rounded off.
          There is a pdp8/f logo to the right of the RUN light

     4.  PDP-8/m:
          White border and masthead  with DEC logo and address
          Layout differs from 8/e but lamps and switches retain their
positions
          Otherwise color scheme as per 8/e
          Corners on text and color area are rounded off.
          There is a pdp8/m logo to the right of the RUN light

     5. PDP-8/lab (Anybody want one of these?)

     6. PDP-8/industrial (Anybody want one of these?)

All panels share a common basic clear plastic blank with pre-cut switch
positions

I intend to have both 8/e and 8/f plus 8/m (ie two designs) printed with
just shared features.

The detail that makes them different will be added later.

I'll ask for a matte finish.

I'll tighten up the QA on how the lines delineate the holes.

I'll sort out the lock and switch hole positions
  (coordinates from the cutouts would help if you have them)

*_Work in progress_*

     11/4X,11/5X,11/6X and 11/7X

*_Under consideration_*

  Best way to produce Large, Custom and non - DEC panels

I'm sure I have missed things off and just as sure somebody will tell me!

Rod Smallwood