Mac IIsi - SoG?

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Tue Oct 27 20:03:27 CDT 2015

Try pulling the accelerator board out of the PDS slot ... I've seen a lot
of accelerator boards go bad over time but when removed, the underlying Mac
is actually okay ... You should just be able to yank the board; it's all
plug-n-play for the most part.

There should be Macintosh ROMs on the motherboard; look for a few
20-some-odd-pin DIL packages with (C) APPLE on them ... I believe the ROM
SIMM slot is just there for upgrade potential (never utilized).

No service processors or anything here; the CPU on the logic board (or on
the accelerator board) does it all.

If you're getting a startup chime, that implies the battery is providing
sufficient "juice" (or the logic board doesn't care that much) to power on;
the PSU is providing nominally sane voltages to the logic and it's managing
to execute at least a little bit of the ROM ...

Best,

Sean