PDP 8 panels. Feedback

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 07:58:53 CDT 2015

> > And my advice, sadly learnt and forgotten quite a few times, always after
> > drilling a critical part:
> >
> >                   **** CLAMP THE JOB DOWN! ****
> +1 on Steven's advice, having learned this lesson the hard-way.

I'll second (third? nth?) that!

I was once told that the majority of accidents in industrial workshops over here
were caused by the drill press/pillar drill, not things like lathes and milling machines.
Simply because it was treated like a large electric drill, the workpiece wasn't clamped,
the drill bit bit into the workpiece and it spun round out of control.

First rule of any machine (or even power) tool, make sure the workpiece is clamped.

-tony