The Internet & our hobby

Murray McCullough c.murray.mccullough at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 19:54:50 CDT 2015

43 years ago around this time the Internet we use to communicate with
was probably made possible because of TCP/IP, or Transmission Control
Protocol/Internet Protocol created at Stanford University. Today 3
billion people are on the net but really made it possible for this
extravagant number was the microcomputer created at around the same
time – the Micral in France and 4004 processor machines in the U.S.
Our hobby supported through this web site keeps this history alive.
Hurrah!

Happy computing.

Murray  :)

PS  This week marks the 100th anniversary of Einstein’s Theory of
General Relativity though published in 1916 according to Wikipedia.