VT100 and/or VT105 rescued from scrap

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Thu Oct 22 07:26:31 CDT 2015

On 2015-10-22 13:03, william degnan wrote:
> On Oct 22, 2015 4:51 AM, "Christian Corti" <cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 21 Oct 2015, Paul Anderson wrote:
>>>
>>> The VT101,02,31, and 32 are the same, as are the VT100, 105, and 125.
>>

>> If you say they are the same, can you turn a VT101 into a VT102?
>>
>> Christian
>
> Yes.  For example 80/132 column is an option you can add.  IFRC there is a
> doc (user guide?)  that has details of vt10x options and what options
> together made up the vt100 vs 102.

Note that while in theory the AVO was an added option, the VT102 did not
have it (or the printer port) as separate parts that were added to a
basic VT100. The VT102 had a different board with all those options
already on the motherboard, and no additional options could be installed.

So, you cannot take the AVO options out of a VT102 and add it to a VT100
(for example).

Also, for example, the keyboard on a VT100 differs from a VT102.
You could use a VT100 keyboard on a VT102, and vice versa, but the LEDs
on the keyboard of a VT102 are used for different things than on a VT100.

	Johnny