VT100 and/or VT105 rescued from scrap

Lukas Kaminski lukas.kaminski at krankikom.de
Wed Oct 21 04:45:12 CDT 2015

On 10/21/2015 09:43, SPC wrote:
> I got two VT100 that I'd need to repair. I'll we watching this thread too.
> I'm libing in Spain, by the way.
>
> Kind Regards
> Sergio

>> I have most of the VT100 family parts, and can help somewhat in identifying
>> part numbers.
>>
>> If you need any, feel free to contact me off list.
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Lukas Kaminski <
>> lukas.kaminski at krankikom.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> i got hands on several VT100 and VT105 parts. It SEEMS (at least to me)
>>> to be one complete terminal without a power supply and some additional
>>> parts. I took pictures of everything, which can be seen here:
>>> https://antares.krankikom.de/index.php/s/vcIZuHbpsn3lSoL
>>> (sorry for the self-signed certificate)
>>>
>>> I already found this interesting page:
>>> https://github.com/bbenchoff/VT100Adapter, so i guess i have everything
>>> to try to repair the VT100.
>>>
>>> But i never tried something like that, and i fear to break something as
>>> soon i connect anything to power.
>>>
>>> How should i start? I especially don't know how to clean the boards,
>>> check the eproms and i'm afraid that the CRT is broken, since it has a
>>> sticky fluid on it.
>>>
>>> Bye,
>>>
>>> Lukas Kaminski

Thanks for all comments so far. I've reuploaded the pics to dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p2i9p7wozrio0je/AACRXiWfm0BloWTzfWbZteHxa

i bought a little bit isopropyl, which i plan to use to cleanup the
sticky fluid on the CRT and some other dirt on the boards. This weekend
i'll plan to build the powersupply adapter. I'll update you all when i'm
finished.

Since the terminal is in parts, i'll probably need some help for the
connections. I'm not sure if some cables are missing... (but that
shouldn't be a big problem)

Lukas