Decmate Owner's Guide (or equivalent experience)

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Fri Oct 16 18:14:37 CDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 12:02:26PM -0700, Brent Hilpert wrote:
> On 2015-Oct-14, at 3:40 PM, Robert Ferguson wrote:

> Eventually, we?d like to find or construct some solution for
> mass storage, but we?re still at the point of checking out the VT278 itself.

If you haven't seen them these may be of use.
http://www.chdickman.com/rx02/

(Doesn't have decmate support though shouldn't be too hard to get to
work with the printer port)
https://github.com/drovak/os8diskserver

> Found some more info about SETUP mode in the Decmate System
> Architecture manual. Between the idiosyncrasies, I'm beginning to wonder
> if there's something funny going on in the keyboard scanning sequence
> or keyboard management from the 278, we'll have to investigate the
> keyboard communication in more detail.

I pulled mine out and it seems to do the first couple things in that
manual. If you want me to do to specific tests I can.