8" hard sector (Was DG S/130 status)

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Thu Oct 15 21:54:37 CDT 2015

The punch aligns with the index hole since we are starting with soft-sector media and that's the only hole we have.  Then it "clamps" the media and you rotate the punch and the media together to align each sector hole with a hole in the template part of the punch and slam the punch pin through.  It's harder to put in words than it is to do.

Generally, they worked pretty well.  The original idea was Dwight's and I had a friend with precision machine shop build them from aluminum and delrin.

Some users complained about "hanging chads" as the punch pin sometimes didn't cut the media cleanly but this was fairly rare.

Chris

--
Chris Elmquist