Vintage Computer IBM1130

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Thu Oct 15 10:16:57 CDT 2015

On 10/14/2015 10:32 PM, ben wrote:
> On 10/14/2015 9:21 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
>
>>> Carl has a IBM 1130
>>> http://rescue1130.blogspot.ca/
>> Fascinating!  And, of course, with discrete transistors,
>> it should not
>> be that hard to keep the electronics running.
>> The mechanicals look like a pretty major repair project,
>> though!
>
> NO TRANSISTORS ... IBM's special logic for 1965.

Yeah, I guess I'm getting it confused with the 1620.  The
1130 and 1800 are supposed to be mostly the same, and the
1800 is definitely SLT.  Well, that may be a real challenge,
then.  SLT is simple logic, but the art of chip passivation
was not totally figured out back then, and so the chips
degraded from moisture and oxygen exposure.  Do you have any
idea what shape the CPU is in?  Have you powered it on?

Jon