Visual 200 (was Visual 100 Terminal - Circuit Diagram Wanted)

Jonathan Chote jonathan.chote at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 14:19:37 CDT 2015

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Jonathan Chote <jonathan.chote at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I know it exists out in the wild somewhere, but I can't find a copy
>> myself. It's for a VT100 clone terminal called the Visual 100 - from around
>> 1982.

Mistake on my behalf. Was working on it last night and it's actually the
earlier model, the Visual 200.

After some basic repairs to the power supply section, I now have a
flashing "ON" light on the keyboard which I believe is an error code
from the self test (taking queues from the Visual 100 manual).

CPU removed - "ON" light stays lit
CPU installed - cold start - 3 beeps, then ON light flashes
CPU installed - less than 5 minutes since last power up - ON light
flashes, no beeps

Messing with the Mask ROM in it's socket also created a few scenarios
with lots of fast beeps, and the CAPS LOCK key staying lit, but I
reseated it and the system returned to the above situation.
CRT section doesn't appear to start up, but didn't blow up either, so
that's a plus. Have not had a chance to go over it with a scope yet.

So if anyone has...
- parts list
- user guide
- circuit diagram
- a spare logic board laying around
- or remembers anything about these terminals

Please let me know!

Cheers,

Jono