TV Typewriter Cover Unit location?

Brad unclefalter at
Tue Oct 13 02:26:21 CDT 2015

Yeah sorry.. wasn't clear on that one I guess.  The cover unit is this guy:

I'm just curious if anyone out there knows what happened to it.  Seems like the kind of thing that would have been preserved.  I very much doubt I'd be able to find those keytops.  I don't even know if that unit was fully functional or mostly a cover prop.  The keytops appear to all have extra symbols.  I've seen early 70s keyboards that come close but not quite.

-----Original Message-----
From: cctalk [mailto:cctalk-bounces at] On Behalf Of Chuck Guzis
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2015 11:10 PM
To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk at>
Subject: Re: TV Typewriter Cover Unit location?

On 10/12/2015 10:24 PM, Brad wrote:
> My understanding is these were custom keytops ordered as part of the 
> 'low cost keyboard' article that appeared in RE.  According to RE, the 
> keyboard on the cover unit was built using the method Don described, 
> including hand made (and very laboriously made) switches.
> Definitely not microswitch as far as I've read.

Okay, now I'm confused.  The photo linked to is what you're building, using Micro Switch assemblies, but that's not what you're talking about.

So, how about a photo of exactly what you're looking for?


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG -
Version: 2015.0.6172 / Virus Database: 4447/10805 - Release Date: 10/12/15

More information about the cctalk mailing list