PDP-11/10 repair started

Henk Gooijen henk.gooijen at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 5 10:56:59 CDT 2015

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
From: Johnny Billquist
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2015 5:44 PM
To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
Subject: Re: PDP-11/10 repair started

Ok. I got the initial impression that you only had the CPU in. Thanks
for the expanded info.

When you don't have any core memory, I wonder if you might need bus
grants in those slots as well...? It's not as if they aren't a part of
the Unibus... Memory sits on the Unibus, just like everything else,
remember? Needs to check further if any special wiring are in place for
those slots, though.

Johnny

=========

I am not sure the "core slots" would need grant cards. The documentation
is clear about slot 3-4-5 as SPC, needing grant cards. I never saw any
doc where the core memory slots, when optional, but not installed, could
be used as an SPC slot. I certainly am Not "trying" that ...
I did try the system *with* the core slots filled with the correct boards
but the behavior remained the same.
To make fault finding not more complex, I removed the core board set.

Thanks,
- Henk