VMS and supported VAX hardware

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Mon Oct 5 02:12:59 CDT 2015

On Sat, Oct 03, 2015 at 11:49:28PM -0400, Christian Gauger-Cosgrove wrote:
> So yes, [Open]VMS 7.3 will run on a VAX-11 series VAX. And probably
> even on a microVAX as well (though I haven't tried).

The follow up question then is, is there a reason to avoid 7.3 on lower end VAX
models, say VAXstation 2000 or MicroVAX-II, both of which I have.

I suppose disk space is the most pressing issue. What about memory consumption in
a basic install?

Or memory usage for options like TCP/IP or DECWindows.

Thanks,
Pontus