PDP-11/10 repair started

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 16:44:04 CDT 2015

I just yesterday started working on assembling an 11/05 S with a BK11-K
backplane.  At the moment I am working through the power regulators to make
sure everything is right before I install the boards.  I am assembling from
parts on hand but I do have the correct cards.  I have M7260/61 and 8K
Core, etc.    Just one 9 slot backplane.  Nice simple system.
Bill

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 5:27 PM, ben <bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca> wrote:

> On 10/4/2015 3:04 PM, Henk Gooijen wrote:
>

>> =========
>> I define 11/10"S" by the backplane. There are 4 different backplanes
>> for the 11/10 and 11/05, according to the doc. I have them on my website,
>> www.pdp-11.nl/pdp11-05/cpu/backplanes.html
>> I did not know that there were different versions of the CPU boards,
>> except the Rev.E and Rev.F of the M7261.  Good to know!
>> Seeing whether there is an XTAL for the console comms line is easy to
>> spot, but IIRC it is RC on my M7260.
>>
>> - Henk
>>

> Now did check on what version of magic smoke you got?
> That may be important too.
> Is there any way to tell if all the TTL was fried,
> or just few chips by the wrong pins from the schematics?
> Ben.
> Good Luck ... this email will turn into another copy of windows in 9 8 7

Bill
vintagecomputer.net