PDP-11/10 repair started

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 4 16:10:13 CDT 2015

> I define 11/10"S" by the backplane. There are 4 different backplanes
> for the 11/10 and 11/05, according to the doc. I have them on my website,
> www.pdp-11.nl/pdp11-05/cpu/backplanes.html

RIght...

> I did not know that there were different versions of the CPU boards,
> except the Rev.E and Rev.F of the M7261.  Good to know!
> Seeing whether there is an XTAL for the console comms line is easy to
> spot, but IIRC it is RC on my M7260.

I am working from 2 Printsets, both from Bitsavers. One is the GT40 one (yet another
backplane of course, but the same CPU, core memory, etc). That shows the older
CPU. The other is the 11/05S schematic, which shows the later boards with the
crystal UART clock, the links I ,mentioned, etc. I am sure we will get it sorted out.

As I said, the logic is much the same, certainly in the areas we need to look at first. ICs
might have different positions, but that shouldn't be too confusing.

-tony