This is sad...

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Sat Oct 3 18:01:55 CDT 2015

I remember 15 or 20 years ago there was a pretty active collector scene
with lots of people saving "worthless" or "junk" equipment from garbage
cans, scrap heaps, loading docks, dispo yards and the like ... there was
lots of redistribution of stuff for just shipping and maybe a minor
consideration ... many nice workstations and servers changing hands for
$100, $50... cost of shipping and a small consideration ... It didn't take
high prices to have a vibrant scene ...

Being a collector has definitely made me more conscientious when I'm
prepping gear for disposition at work! Drive sleds, console cables and all
the other little things it helps to make a complete machine, I try hard to
keep all together when I package it up and send it off.

Best,

Sean