Writing SCSI 9-Track Mag Tapes from Windows/DOS

Marc Verdiell marc.verdiell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 01:28:49 CDT 2015

Chuck,
Thanks for your STP2T02.exe  SCSI tape to SIMH program. Ran like a champ
under Win98 DOS, first time. It's the only utility that did work out of the
box to read a tape from my SCSI-1 HP 88780 9-track into a SIMH file,  out of
the 5 or so I tried.  Before I jump to Linux, which seems to be the more
straightforward option, does anyone have the reverse tool to write a SIMH
image file on a 9 Track tape under Windows/DOS? None of the utilities I
found using Windows Tape APIs could deal with my tape SCSI-1 early
interface, they all expect some basic (SCSI-2?) functions that are not
implemented.
Marc