Interfacing PDP 11/05 to VT 50

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 20:14:09 CST 2015

I have an 11/05 with ASR 33 for I/O.  I am using the M9970 console card to
make the connection.  I have loaded papertape BASIC into core (16K) and it
boots up from 000 000 to the TTY, I can type in programs, etc.

Question - I'd like to switch over to a VT 50 in 20ma mode.  Not sure if
this is possible based on what I read here:

http://www.retrocmp.com/how-tos/interfacing-to-a-pdp-1105/144-interfacing-with-a-pdp-1105-sorting-the-wires

Anyone successfully connect a VT 50 or 52 to a 11/05 or 11/10 over to the
EIN M7856 for printer and typewriter only, leaving the M9970 for program
i/o to save and load programs?

--
Bill