Random question about a Byte Magazine Cover

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Tue Nov 24 17:48:20 CST 2015

OK so this has been bugging me for a while. During a stint working at
Morgan-Smith Electronics in Hatfield UK (they made diverse electronic
systems including industrial PCs and radio alarms) I went through the
boss's discarded vintage computer magazine collection and one particular
issue I remember finding very interesting.

IIRC it was a Byte Magazine (certainly the graphic was very in keeping with
Byte cover artwork). I wonder if anyone recalls it - Google image searches
have pulled a blank which means it either wasn't Byte (and just looked like
it) or hasn't been scanned.

The cover had a painted image of a white cliff face draped in vines with an
'Adventurer' in the foreground - you can imagine what the theme was. Anyone
have any ideas? Maybe it wasn't Byte?

Of course all this really quite irrelevant in the grand scheme of things,
but it would help me scratch an itch at the very least.

Thanks! Mark.