flash (or ide) storage for unibus 11?

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Tue Nov 24 09:35:16 CST 2015

On 11/23/15 11:46 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> Your native interface have the additional problem that in addition to requiring people to write their own device driver for any OS usage, it will be rather difficult to get booting from it, since that
> require special support.

There is no reason you can't have two simulated controllers, one small enough and early enough to boot a range of operating systems (RL02?), then
another which exports a simple block-level interface which would be simple enough to easily write drivers against.

RL02 is also interesting because there was a 22 bit version for qbus.

I'm trying to remember if DSD had extended block length or partioning for their controllers.