flash (or ide) storage for unibus 11?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Nov 23 14:02:49 CST 2015

>>> Well, "newer" in this case is sortof anything beyond the mid 80s. :-)
>>
>> RSTS added MSCP support in V8, so if you want to run V7 you'll want to have a traditional disk emulation.
>
> Yeah. And unless I remember wrong, V8 came in 1986?

No, 1983.  I remembered wrong, though; UDA50 support arrived in RSTS 7.2, in 1982.

A nice reference for RSTS history is the wonderfully fictional "RSTS 80th anniversary" document.  A copy of it lives here: http://www.silverware.co.uk/rsts_80th_birthday.htm .  I don't remember who wrote that; it came out as part of the 20th anniversary celebration, in 1990.  In other words, the entries for 1990 and before are basically accurate; everything after that is a product of some very nice imagination.

	paul