flash (or ide) storage for unibus 11?

Jacob Ritorto jacob.ritorto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 08:16:29 CST 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 6:41 AM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
wrote:

>     > Anyone know of a good project to add some modern storage
>
> Available today, no. But there are a number of projects which will probably
> be cranking out UNIBUS DEC controller emulators with modern storage
> backends.
> I gather Guy's MEM11 project will probably eventually spin off a version
> with
> a larger disk, and Bridgham and I are planning on doing a UNIBUS version of
> our card once the QBUS version is done. (Actually, ours is planned to
> include
> an ENABLE too, with 4MB of memory, for those of us with 34's, 40's, 45's,
> etc.) Any more?
>
>         Noel

This is great news, Noel.  Are you on keeping bits and/or status for these
projects on github or anywhere else that might encourage participation and
contribution?  I'd be glad to pitch in if I can.  Actually, I (and I bet
others) would love to see an up to date wiki entry or somesuch listing
folks' retro projects like these and would be happy to create it if you'd
provide a couple of pointers.

--jake