Emulation

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sat Nov 21 10:56:20 CST 2015

On 11/21/15 7:16 AM, wulfman wrote:

> I have been collecting roms for years for repair of my huge collection
> of game board
> but this is the first time i have seen the retro computers in the rom sets.

There were two independent projects, MAME and MESS. MESS was merged with MAME
recently to make core code merges easier. Since most of the non-encrypted arcade
games have been simulated, more and more effort is going into preserving pretty
much anything the developers are interested in that has a CPU. A lot of work has
been going on improving 68K Macintosh and IBM PC simulators. A lot of the public-facing
discussions go on at http://forums.bannister.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=1&page=1

--al (mamedev since the mid-90's)