[cctalk]Re: Could someone make the list do the thing in the subject line?

Charles Anthony charles.unix.pro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 06:43:20 CST 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 4:22 AM, simon <simski at dds.nl> wrote:

> nothing a simple script on the connected computer can't fix though...

\\The \\Multics card reader job control handler maps uppercase to lowercase
(many of the keypunch machines did uppercase only). \\You indicated
uppercase with a leading \, but of course the \\U\\N\\I\\X shell treats \
as an escape, so when using my card deck submission script \\I have to
escape the uppercase characters for the account name, project and password
parameters.

   ./submitDeck  test.deck \\Anthony \\Sys\\Eng sec\\Krit

-- \\Charles