Could someone make the list do the [cctalk] thing in the subject line?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Nov 17 18:32:11 CST 2015

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015, Pete Turnbull wrote:
> At the risk of resurrecting yet another old topic, do we really need both
> lists?

I think so.

For example,
"Re: Giving away collection of computers"
has turned into discussion and meetings of hams.  That would defintitely
not belong on CCTECH, but seems to be a reasonable tangent for CCTALK.

Besides guns, cars, etc., CCTALK has quite a few discussions that are not
really ON-topic, but do seem to involve a fair number of overlaps in
interests between the folk here.

While we don't want to be a support forum for current hardware, there
would seem to be a lot of subjects for which it would be difficult to be
sure about where the line falls as to being on-topic.  The presence of
CCTALK reduces the need for rigidity in that enforcement.  But, there are
other folk who would prefer a very rigid enforcement.

> (Sorry, Jay, I know you already put a lot of effort in and don't have time
> for this :-))
Could we just agree to let Jay make the decisions on such trivia?

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com