Could someone make the list do the [cctalk] thing in the subject line?

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Tue Nov 17 13:54:27 CST 2015

On 11/17/15 11:46 AM, Eric Christopherson wrote:

> What gets duplicated? Are you subscribed to both -talk and -tech at one
> time?

Yes, they were two separate lists at one point, then someone decided to start
forwarding messages between the two, and other people started posting replies
to the wrong list. All of the replies to the post about the collection being
given away was from cctalk, but the actual message was posted on cctech. You
can't effectively filter out the crap from the other list because the headers
being sent through aren't always right. I lost the original collection msg
because my filter thought it had been sent from cctalk and forwarded to cctech.

There was a discussion about getting rid of one or the other list.
I wish someone would just DO IT.