IBM PS/2 memory

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 11:33:01 CST 2015

On 11/11/2015 10:03 PM, Gary Sparkes wrote:
> My model 70 (386 version) wants 85ns 2MB modules. My blue lightning 70
> (486) won't accept those. It demands 2MB 80ns modules.

Hmm, both of the ones that were originally in this machine (a 2MB and 4MB)
were 85ns. The 2MB was snafu, but now the 4MB has gone bad, too.

I can work around it by booting the reference disk and reconfiguring, then
removing the disk and doing a warm boot, but it's less than ideal!

I'm tempted to hack the 4MB simm and change the presence detect pins so
that the machine thinks it's a 2MB one, which in theory should give me a
happy machine so long as I don't try using that simm alongside any that I
might acquire later.

cheers

Jules