MAINDEC-11-DZQKC-E-D listing posted (Re: Deciphering PDP-11/05 ZQKC (Instruction Exerciser) MAINDEC failures...)

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 22:21:57 CST 2015

On 11/10/15 7:42 PM, Josh Dersch wrote:

>> The diagnostic listing is now available in my new bitsavers-contrib
>> folder on Google drive:
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2v4WRwISEQRWWFFdVpCZWFTZEU&usp=sharing
>>

>> This is the only document in there right now, and you will find it in
>> the same path that the other occupies on bitsavers, i.e. in folder
>> ./pdf/dec/pdp11/xxdp/diag_listings
>>
>> A PDF is there as well as a zip file containing the original .tif files
>> as Al Kossow prefers for submissions.  (Al:  Hint, Hint  ;) ).
>>
>> JRJ
>>

> Thanks a ton for taking the time to make this available.  Time for
> some debugging!
>
> - Josh

Well, that was anticlimactic.  From looking at the listing it seemed
fairly likely that the issue was with SLU interrupts; I swapped in an
SLU from my 11/34 and the diags passed.  A closer examination of the
original SLU (an M7800) reveals that I'd jumpered it for a vector of 30,
not 60.  *facepalm*.

(And yes: for the record, I disabled the onboard SLU on the 11/05, since
it's (a) limited to 2400bps and (b) requires additional hardware to
provide RS-232 signal levels.  Oh, and (c) I somehow have a metric ton
of M7800s lying around...)

So, that was easy.  Maybe next time I'll be more careful soldering in
jumpers :).

Thanks again for the help,
Josh