WD9000 Pascal microengine schematics available

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Tue Nov 10 18:07:35 CST 2015

On 11/10/15 3:47 PM, Brad Parker wrote:
> but what is special about the HP 165xx chip which Al referenced?

Variations of that ASIC are the core of HP's logic logic analyzers for a LONG time
(at least while they were using 68K processors).

One of my back burner projects has been to understand how they worked as an embedded
system. Sadly, I've heard the person who designed it passed away this past year.

One of the things that made HP magical in the 70's and 80's was how advanced their ASIC
capabilites were compared to the competition.