PDP 11/03

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Nov 9 17:05:55 CST 2015

    > From: Johnny Billquist

    > I doubt the -YA makes any significant difference here.
    > Note that a -YA normally means it's just a board with a newer revision.
    > It do not normally means any change in functionality, except perhaps
    > some improvement. But in general totally compatible.

This might be the exception to that rule! Note the description "extra wires to
bring out clock & 110/300 speed change"; if one could in fact change the baud
rate _off the card_, there's probably some special magic in the interface (and
thus the cable). I suggest consulting 11/780 manuals to see how it was used.

	Noel