WD9000 Pascal microengine schematics available

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 14:11:02 CST 2015

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Jos Dreesen <jos.dreesen at bluewin.ch> wrote:
[about the WD2083U-04]
> It is indeed an interrupt priority encoder.
> I believe it is identical to the am25ls2513, as that is what is used in and
> early version of the schematics.

Interesting. I'd never seen any official schematics before you posted
yours, and apparently I don't have any early enough boards to have the
Am25LS2513.  I might at some point contrive a test fixture to verify
the WD2083U-04 behavior against the Am25LS2513, to determine whether
there are any changes. Since the AMD part was readily available at the
time, and not expensive, I wouldn't have expected WD to design their
own replacement unless they wanted to change the functionality.

By the way, do you have sheet 5? No hurry, but it would be nice to see that too.

Best regards,
Eric