PDP-11/45-55 CPU fan assemblies

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 14:36:34 CST 2015

On Nov 8, 2015 3:08 PM, "Henk Gooijen" <henk.gooijen at hotmail.com> wrote:

> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- From: tony duell Sent: Saturday,
November 07, 2015 2:57 PM To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic
Posts Subject: RE: PDP-11/45-55 CPU fan assemblies

>> IIRC that 21" mounting box (and I assume therefore the fan assemblies)
>> was used on other machines like the 11/40 (some versions), the 11/70,
>> etc. I am not suggesting you raid one of those for parts, but it might be
>> something else to look at.
>

> Yes, AFAIK, these were on all 21" boxen (BA11-F ?)
>

>> I do have an 11/45 here with the original fan trays. The top one is easy
>> to get at and measure, but IIRC the bottom one is a right pain, involving
>> removing all the boards and dismantling the very fragile card guides.
>

> True, unless you simply remove the entire fan box from the bottom of
> the card cage. Have a clean floor, you will have to lay on it, as a car
> mechanic :-)  The box is (AFAIR) mounted on the card cage with 4 or
> 6 (?) screws.
>
> - Henk

Noel,
What pdp 11 do you have now?  Any progress on the 34?

I have my 40 taken apart wirh only the empty card cage in the rack.  If
you're in the area you can swing by to take measurements.

Bill Degnan
twitter: billdeg
vintagecomputer.net