dec cabinet part available

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 18:54:22 CST 2015

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Jay West <jwest at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> I've been away from DEC stuff far too long, so I don't remember what this is
> called - but I'll describe it.
>
> The beige dec cabinets (corp cab?) that are wider than about 19 inches...
> the ones where there is the "normal" 19" rack and then to the left or the
> right there is a top to bottom, front to back, "plenum" about maybe 8 inches
> wide. What I have is the brown cover for that plenum. 52.5 tall, 7.5 wide,
> hex key quick-release at the top, two ears at the bottom. Come to think of
> it, I'm not 100% sure it is from a DEC cabinet but I am thinking it came off
> one of a few five foot tall beige dec racks all stuffed top to bottom with
> RA81's.

That sounds like a it could be from a taller version of the H9645
cabinet that is shown on the front of the PDP-11 Systems & Options
Catalog July 1983

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp11/catalogs/ED-25116-18_PDP-11_Systems_and_Options_Catalog_Jul83.pdf

I have one of those cabinets that used to hold a PDP-11/44 (which I
regret selling to someone else on this list a dozen or so years ago).
On my cabinet the panel on the left is about 36 inches tall. It's also
beige, not brown, but it does have the hex key fastener at the top of
the panel.