Qbus split I&D?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Mar 17 16:02:37 CDT 2015

    > From: John Wilson

    > I used battery-backed SRAM in the Unibus RAM card I prototyped a while
    > back (and just recently got working and have been finishing the XMOS
    > firmware for).

UNIBUS RAM cards? Neato-keeno!! When will they be available, and how do I
order some? :-)

BTW, what's an 'XMOS'? Google didn't enlighten me...

    > From: Ethan Dicks

    > As much as I would like one (or two), what's the actual market for such
    > a thing?

Oh, probably almost as large as all the other custom UNIBUS/PDP-11 cards
people are building these days... :-)

    > I'd rather have a faster machine while I'm using it.

Somehow, I'm thinking that if it's speed we're after, a hardware PDP-11 isn't
where I'd turn... :-)

	Noel