DESQA Manual?

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 11:07:31 CDT 2015

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 8:17 AM, Robert Jarratt
<robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I picked up a DESQA recently which seems to be configured for thinwire
> rather than AUI. There is no external switch for it and I can't find a
> manual to tell me how to swap it to AUI.

The M3127 DESQA boards that I have all have an obvious push button
externally accessible next to the BNC connector and there are
externally visible LED indicators adjacent to the BNC and AUI
connectors to indicate which connector is active.

Those M3127 DESQA boards look like the version shown in the pictures
for this eBay listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141321641194

It appears that there is an earlier version of the M3127 DESQA which
does not have that externally accessible push button.

Does the M3127 DESQA board you have look like the version show in the
pictures for this eBay listing?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221696083936

On that version it looks like there is a 10-way jumper block in the
middle of the board and THINWIRE / THICKWIRE legends screened on the
board next to the jumper block to indicate how it should be positioned
to select the connector type. It looks like there are externally