Recommendation for a PROM burner

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Mar 13 11:34:48 CDT 2015

So, I need to add a PROM burner to my collection of stuff, and I'd like to ask
for recommendations.

I'm looking for something that's easy to find on eBay, not _too_ expensive,
and can handle (via the appropriate adapters, which should also be relatively
easy to find) a very wide range of old PROMs/EPROMs from back in the day.
(I.e. ability to support modern chips is not really an issue.)

The ability to read them would be a real plus (no idea if that's a common
capability or not). Serial interface preferred, but I could work with parallel
(again, no idea what was usual).

Thanks in advance for any insight!

       Noel