M4data model 9914 tape drive

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Tue Mar 3 15:01:03 CST 2015

From: shadoooo
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2015 12:43 PM

> could you confirm that the drive gives no interface error if powered
> without scsi connection to a host?

BIFF is a real error.  We OEM'd 9914s at XKL, and I have 2 of them here
at the museum.  I have had to send them to GreenTree in the past (once
successfully, once not) for repair.

I can confirm that if you power on the drive without a SCSI connection
to the host, the drive is perfectly happy.

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/