How to save two Mitsubishi M2896 drive (spindle motor smoked!)

Enrico Lazzerini enrico.lazzerini at email.it
Mon Mar 2 07:48:52 CST 2015

Well, i desolder the LB1620... it has obvious signs of burning under
the chips and also on the pcb.

I saw the smoke coming from that place but I thought it came from one
of cap of 2700pf instead came from the chip.

The short circuit between +24vdc and the ground is gone out.

+24vdc go just at pin 4 of the LB1620.

+24vdc to R112 and the D102 Zener that is saved so from here to pins: 19, 2
and 12 of the LB1620 then it continue to pin 16 of the TC9142P.

The datasheet of this last one say that the power voltage would be between
5Vdc and 9,5Vdc. So would this say that the zenere has to be from
5 to 9 vdc? Have i to measure the exact voltage on pin 16 of the TC9142P
without the  LB1620 and how have i to expect?

The LB1620 is smoked. What other components must be tested to ensure
that the new LB1620 can not be broken just fitted?

Thanks a lot.

E.