Where to get a Vax or microvax

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Mon Jun 29 12:48:49 CDT 2015

> On Jun 29, 2015, at 10:28 AM, tony duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> To give folks an idea of how much stuff I had jammed into my (many) storage units, as I was
>> going through them trying to figure out what I'd keep and what I would "dispose" of, I found a
>> VAX 11/780 that I didn't know that I had.  I knew that I had one in storage as I was digging/sorting
>> I "discovered" a second 11/780 that I had forgotten was in there.
>>
>> You *know* you have too much stuff and it's packed too tightly when you can "lose" a VAX 11/780!
>
> Kersqueeble!
>
> When I moved last year I found an RK05 (drive) that I had forgotten about, but that was about it. No really
> large machines came out of the woodwork.
>
> A tip for anyone moving in the UK. Do as much as you can yourself. I had the misfortune to use a removal
> company who assured me they could move the stuff and would handle it properly. Result : a heck of a lot
> of damage that will take years to put right, parts will have to be made from scratch, etc. And absolutely no
> way to get a penny out of them

I think that's universal regardless of where you are located.  If it's "unusual" stuff, then move it yourself (if
you're able to).

Fortunately had some fore thought prior to my move.  So I spent a lot of time sorting and palletizing the
smaller stuff (ie anything that wasn't already on casters).  I would not have been able to load the truck,
drive almost 200 miles, unload and drive back all in the same day if I hadn't already had stuff "pre-packaged".

TTFN - Guy