Where to get a Vax or microvax

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Mon Jun 29 09:42:10 CDT 2015

Hi Devin,

Assuming you are in CONUS, checking eBay and hanging out on this list is
probably the best places to check ... I would suggest for you a VAXstation
3100 series ... especially if you can find a 3100/76 for not too much
money, it makes a pretty good machine... I paid maybe $130 for mine,
"loaded" ... You can find a plain old 3100/30 for $100 all day.

The VAXstation 4000/VLC is also a nice first choice but prices on those
have gone up quite a bit since I got mine ... Look to spend maybe $200-250,
it seems ... You can also keep an eye out for a microVAX II/III type
machine in a BA23 cabinet which are also not completely uncommon ... or a
microVAX 3x00 machine in either a desktop or deskside enclosure. These are
great machines if you can pick them up locally or find someone to arrange
to ship them for you.

Best,

Sean