[RANT]False Beeprog. AGAIN.

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Jun 23 14:13:36 CDT 2015

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> On 2015-06-23 18:41, Alexandre Souza wrote:
>>> But unless I misunderstood things, the software merely does a check if
>>> the hardware looks sane, and if not it displays a message saying that
>>> this is the wrong hardware, and it refuses to continue running.
>>
>>     No Johnny. As I said, it bricks (renders inoperable) your hardware
>> if it isn't original.
>
> Yes. The software refuses to run, and just displays a message that you are
> running on fake hardware.
> Does that prevent you from loading some other software on said device?
> How did you get the "broken" software on the device?
>
> There is a difference between refusing to run, and trying to destroy the
> hardware.

He's mentioned more than once that this software BRICKS the device.  When
something is bricked, that means you might as well treat it like the stone
kind for all the use you're going to get out of it from then on.

It's dead, pushing up daisies, it's run down the curtain to the Choir
Invisible.  IT'S BRICKED.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007