Nopecraft - was Re: OT: learner kits

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 14:34:57 CDT 2015

> “minecraft physics” is already a derogatory term around the house. And, whether I encourage it or not, he’s already into building complicated redstone sequencers. I’m hoping at least to expand his horizons into real-world projects.

Good. He has picked up the ball, now let him run with it. Even in
unmodded Minecraft, you can do some amazing things with the redstone
logic coupled with command blocks (yes, Mr. Grumpy Man Thain, with
redstone you can have real gates and flipflops and race conditions and
such. Go explore Youtube about it.). I think there are mods for
non-RPi Minecraft that allows an interface to the real world, so when
the time comes, he can start breaking out.

I think Factorio is also getting some real logic systems, as well. It
is a better game, but not really geared for the younger crowd.

--
Will

--
Will