Front Panels Personal Update

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Thu Jun 18 07:19:32 CDT 2015

On 18/06/2015 12:50, Christian Gauger-Cosgrove wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 June 2015, Jonathan Katz <jon at jonworld.com> wrote:
>>
>> There is a Postscript doc out there with the DEC "D I G I T A L" logo
>> in blocks. That may be a start.
>>
>> http://nedbatchelder.com/blog/200712/ancient_history_the_digital_logo.html
>>

> If I recall, isn't the logo "just" Helvetica? I think,  not completely sure.

No, it isn't.  About 15 years ago I set out to recreate the necessary
letters and digits from the font for one of the PDP-11 sites.  With some
small experience of font design I quickly realised it's quite different
from Helevetica in a number of aspects, and it took me a while to get it
right.  In fact I'm not sure I got it exactly, but Ned Batchelder did,
so I never went back to it.  My early attempts at PDP-11 logos are at
http://www.dunnington.info/public/PDP-11/ if you want a laugh.

--
Pete

Pete Turnbull