RK06 alignment pack

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Thu Jun 18 04:39:19 CDT 2015

On 2015-06-18 08:16, Pontus Pihlgren wrote:
> What is the difference between an RK06 and 07 ?
>
> Is it capacity?

Yes. The RK07 is double the capacity.

> Could this pack be used to align an RK07 ?

I don't think so. The RK06 and RK07 used the same design for the packs,
but the RK07 packs twice the capacity. I believe it is just doubling the
number of tracks. But of course, that means that RK06 packs do not match
what RK07 drive expects from track width and number of tracks.

> I ask because we have an RK07 at the Update Computer Club.

I didn't know. When did we get one, and from where? We had one many
years ago that I dumped. We might still have the packs from that one around.

	Johnny