using new technology on old machines. Was: PDP-12 Restoration at the RICM

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Tue Jun 16 09:25:44 CDT 2015

Choosing the larger card is, IMO, the right answer because you don't
actually waste the space, you extend the life significantly because the
wear leveling will spread your 256K across the entire flash region.
The larger that region, the less often you re-write the same cells,
thereby extending the life of all the cells.

Chris

--
Chris Elmquist