using new technology on old machines. Was: PDP-12 Restoration at the RICM

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 15 14:15:14 CDT 2015

> We're talking about putting in a rather complex computer to generate a
> baud rate. Are people really that handicapped when it comes to building
> hardware nowadays? Are people aware how easy baud generators are?

I've jsut turned up the M452 schematic. Has anyone else looked at it?

It's a <expletive> RC transistorised oscillator driving a /4 divider chain.
Are you seriously telling me you don't have a junk box full of random R's and
C's and you can't change the timing components to get whatever rate you want
out of it?

I am very worried that people would rather use a microcontroller than change
a couple of passives. Can't anyone read a schematic and think????

-tony