Fix for duplicate (and triplicate) messages on cctalk?

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Mon Jun 15 12:06:30 CDT 2015

On Mon, 15 Jun 2015, Chuck Guzis wrote:

> I know that others have discussed the issue, but can someone tell me
> concisely  how to avoid multiple copies of the same message on cctalk?
>
> Overnight, 54 new messages arrived in my inbox.  The problem was that I'd
> seem a large number of them a day or two before.
>
> What's the trick to keeping things simple, people?

    I created a filter in my email client (alpine), which looks for
"cctech at classiccmp.org" on the "To:" header and drops it into the bit
bucket.  The duplicates still get to my system, but I never see them.  The
only time I've seen duplicates since I activated the filter was when
people started CCing to cctech.

Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us